Monday, October 17, 2016

Kitchen Commencing

I gave in and went to Lowe's.  What a relief!  Someone came out and measured the kitchen!  Now I don't have to worry that I did it all wrong.  Someone else may have, but it isn't my doing.
I did actually pick the tile "Silestone - Tea Leaf" for the countertops after going with a couple other options in my head. At the last minute, though, I ran back to "Tea Leaf" with it's combination of greens, sand and white.
The cabinets went from "Diamond" in a "Fired Brick" color, to "Schuler" in a "Saffron" color.  I picked the Tiffany style door.  I had come across this combination a couple of weeks ago and tried all sorts of other combinations in my mind before coming back to the Tiffany door in a classic yellow.

The change from the dark blue or the brick colors came about when I started to picture it with the white appliances.  It seemed like it would end up being a checkerboard effect with the dark and white repeat across the room, and might just be too dark for a small room.  The yellow would be much more subtle a difference, and very cheery, and enlarging the look of the room.

We are changing the flooring in the kitchen from wood to tile.  Not sure which tile yet.  But there had been a leak in the roof that came down into the kitchen and got under the flooring.  I don't like the feel of the floor now.  It seems to be punky, so we are taking it up and putting down tile.  I want it to be cheery, too!  So I'm on a hunt now for tiles!

No images will upload today... must be too foggy here...
I'll try again later when the tide is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!