Saturday, February 9, 2013

First Coats of Paint

Finally after much ado involving getting more paint chips, posting them on my refrigerator with magnets, leaning them up on the countertops, laying them atop the kitchen stain glass lampshade, setting them beside each other in the order you would see them entering the house....oh, and probably a dozen more ado's...  I finally sent in my perfect picks to the contractor.  Enough is enough.  Paint it already!

And now those carefully chosen colors are going on the walls.  First coat is done on a few walls in a few rooms.  I love them so far.

The Bitter Rose stayed my choice in the small downstairs bath every time I changed my mind.  It was a constant.  I could picture it from day one and searched for the color I had in mind.  Here it looks a bit too bright pink, but in person it is very pretty.  Believe me.
Small half bath downstairs off the den.

Here is the kitchen by the back door.  Our table will be by the windows off to the right.  I am not sure of the kitchen cabinet colors yet.  I have a couple colors/stains in the running.

Here you can see a bit of the paint in the den and through the right hand door is the half-bath.
On the den's window wall is Beach House - a nice blue.
This is the living room on the front of the house.  The stairway beside the front door will be painted the same color.  This color is a little darker than the kitchen but blends nicely with it.  It just looks like the sun is shining more in the kitchen.
Seaweed Wrap adorns the living room, the stairway and the upstairs hall.
Aha, here's a better picture of the den's blue and you can see the living room through the doorway.  I am so excited about the colors.  Now I'm having much ado about lighting them.

Beach House and Seaweed Wrap
This is the master bedroom color.  I'm going to have the eaves painted also.  This color seems to change with the lighting, just as the real ocean does.  Sometimes it looks blue and sometimes green, and always a little grayish.  It's a very relaxing color to me, really as all the colors I've chosen are.  Just wait until you see the guest bedroom!
Ocean - seems fitting again.

1 comment:

  1. Looks beautiful, Donna. I love all the color-my kind of place! I'm having the old house painted now for re-sale, off-white with white trip-boring! But the house will look clean & new! That's what counts, my realtor says.

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!